Au rayon des indépendants (pépites, découvertes, financement...)

Démarré par Hobes, Mai 30, 2012, 11:35:31 PM

« précédent - suivant »

glen

Putain, unsung story, petite quenelle en vue.. peu de com, repoussé à mi-2016 (pour la beta) avec pvp et du skirmish vs IA pour le solo dans un premier temps, et ça parle de scénario seulement pour fin 2016..  :/

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/482445197/unsung-story-tale-of-the-guardians/posts/1359570

CitationHey everyone, Joel here from Playdek. First and foremost, I want to apologize for the latest lack of updates on Unsung Story. I'll go into some of the reasons for that, and will also outline the planned development steps for Unsung Story. But upfront, in addition to extending my apology for keeping you all in the dark too long, I want to let you know that Unsung Story has not been cancelled, nor are there any plans to do so. I understand that when left without information to form an opinion on, it leaves an open environment for speculation, so I want to put that to rest. Unsung is and has been in development, although development has been going more slowly than we anticipated, and I will cover that as well. There is no way to avoid stating the fact that the game will be delayed until next year, and we wish it were otherwise. But please know that we are working at bringing you the best playing tactical RPG possible, and I will outline the strategy for doing so.

Up first, we have had interest from outside publishers to partner with us on Unsung Story, and over the course of the summer months had ongoing discussions with a few in particular. Being that these discussions were confidential in nature, we were unable to discuss neither this nor any of the details. Currently there is still interest from some parties, and while we will continue to explore what a partnership like that will mean for the development of the game, we can't continue the silence due to those matters, and therefore why we are updating you now, and will continue from here on out on a regular development basis. I understand that in hind sight it might appear that we could have just shared this with you all, but without knowing how it was going to impact the development and any announcements concerning the game, we chose to wait it through that timeframe. So again, my sincere apology for keeping the curtain closed.

I want to cover some of the development issues that have impacted the game's progress as well. Earlier in the year, Playdek went through a financial crunch that caused us to reduce some key staff. Some positions were focused on technical components to the engine being used for Unsung, and a few were content development staff who worked on all of our products. Needless to say, these were great people, and it was not only an unexpected loss, but one that we clearly had to adjust to, with product other than Unsung that was still on our schedule to deliver, let alone continue steadfast on Unsung development. Playdek is a venture backed company, so please understand that is about all I can say on that matter, but at this point we are navigating those issues and have allocated our remaining resources to our remaining products, Unsung included.

That said, this has had an impact on Unsung development, as while we have been able to continue progress on the game, as stated it has gone much slower than expected, and unfortunately we are behind our original development plan and timeline. As it has been said, these things do happen in game development, and all of us in the industry and without have seen significant delays on some major games and franchises that were previously announced. However, they of course do not have a great KS community involved in the progress of the game as we do, and it is on us for not involving you as much in our process up to this point. The theme here is we will work to rectify that, and will outline the plan going forward, one that we will keep you in the loop henceforth.

Now, I will cover some of the development highlights that have been completed up to this point, in no certain order, and by no means covering all that has been done:

Online backend gaming system for PvP, including matchmaking, rankings, tournament system, create game system, friends lists and chat
    World story, scenarios and stages for the first five episodes
    Game design, including character school system and battle system
    Unity integration with our core engine for 3D graphics
    Concepts for world locations
    PvP arenas with grid system, battle system and UI integrated
    Online PvP game play

We are currently focused on building out the attribute, stat and item tables for two character schools, and balancing them, using PvP as the method for doing so. The plan is to have all of the schools thoroughly tested and balanced in PvP, with all of the item and character tree progression included. First we will get to a solid playing tactics experience that is fun, engaging and challenging, that we will then use to script out the scenarios for Matsuno's campaign episodes. The final game experience will consist of Matsuno's story campaigns that you will play through against the A.I., with replay value that allows for character growth and item collection. Player's will also be able to skirmish against the A.I. in arenas, and matchup against other players in online PvP.

After getting through our near term remaining product responsibilities outside of Unsung Story, we will add those resources to this development, and will concentrate on the estimated plan below:

Phase One June 2016: Initial PvP beta release for online testing. This will include multiple arenas and two character schools with fully functional game play.

Phase Two August - Sep 2016: Additional schools will be added, post beta feedback from the previous phase. Other online features TBD will come online.

Phase Three October 2016: Online skirmish mode against the A.I. will be added, allowing for A.I. balancing and testing that will include all of the feedback gathered from the online PvP beta game play. The Design and Art backer tiers will be involved with their respected character and scenario creation process.

Phase Four Post October 2016: While the online PvP beta testing is going on, the scenarios for the first two episodes will be blocked out and built, and the scripting will be adjusted as the A.I. is balanced from the beta feedback. When these episodes, along with character creation and item collection are polished, the first two episode campaigns will be released.

From that point on, the other episodes will be rolled out, as well as additional arena levels and items. Of course, all of this content will be given to backers for their pledge, including all levels, items and campaigns.

In closing, I again sincerely apologize for the silence throughout this development process, and we will be consistent in updating you from here on forward. Next month, we will share some in game video footage of PvP arena game play in action, and go over the process we have gone through in modifying the user interface for ease of use and flow, taking into consideration multiple platforms. We believe we still have some work to do in this area, and welcome your feedback. It's been our loss up to this point not involving the great community of backers we have, and going forward will be more transparent, while looking to engage you on the development progress as it unfolds. Thank you for believing in this game, thank you for having faith that this genre is alive and well, and thank you for your patience and support. Until next month.

Joel

Bhaal42

N'ayant pas pris la beta, effectivement, je pense pas voir le jeu avant 2017 ...  :cry2: Tant pis!
C'est jamais que le 6eme jeu que j'ai back qui est en retard...
Ce qui est chiant surtout, c'est qu'il passe d'un focus depuis un jeu solo, vers un jeux multi en PVP ...

Hobes

Pour le coup je ne participe pas à la vague de bashing sur le titre. Quand j'ai reçu le mail (avec toute cette histoire sur le PVP alors qu'il n'y a pas une ligne sur le sujet dans le Kickstarter... WTF) ça m'a inquiété comme d'autres mais je ne sais pas si je suis naïf mais leurs raisons se tiennent.

Je suis juste déçu du report mais si le jeu est bon au final, je préfère ça.

On voit d'ailleurs bien la différence de traitement entre une "grosse" boite, un gros projet comme celui là et de plus petits. J'ai backé Radio the Universe qui devait être livré en mars 2014. Il n'arrivera finalement pas avant fin 2016. Quasiment 2 ans de plus. Et toute la communauté de backer soutien son auteur (qu'est seul), lui envoie des mots d'encouragements, je trouve ça juste génial le climat positif malgré les difficultés qu'il rencontre. Ca le boost autant que nous ça nous soude.

Pourtant il envoie un mail tous les 6 mois (là sur Unsung Story c'est limite la guerre s'il n'y a pas de nouvelles tous les 2 mois...). Bref j'espère qu'un jour les gens comprendront que si on n'a pas de retour sur investissement sur un projet Kickstarter, ce n'est pas grave. Ce sont les règles du jeu. Profitons plutôt de se retrouver autour d'un projet/d'un genre/d'une idée qu'on aime et en discuter avec les autres.

Hobes

Citation de: Hobes le Août 03, 2014, 10:55:47 AM
J'avais raté l'annonce (et le Kickstarter) de Duelyst. Ce n'est pas le type de jeu que j'apprécie le plus car bien que ce soit un tactical, il se focalise sur le 1vs1 en arène. Mais sait-on jamais, à l'instar de beaucoup de jeu, le système peut-être super accrocheur.

Et puis surtout le Lead Artist c'est Glauber Kotaki à qui ont doit la DA de Rogue Legacy et surtout Chasm. Donc c'est merveilleusement bien animé et rien que pour ça :kawai:

Je participe à la beta fermée, je confirme que c'est quand même assez amusant. Du moins la phase de découverte. C'est un mélange d'Hearthstone (pour ne prendre que le jeu de "carte" le plus connu) donc avec des cartes d'unités ayant des point d'attaque/défense, un héros avec des points de mana à dépenser, des artefacts pour booster notre personnage... et d'un tactical.

En fait toutes nos cartes se matérialisent par des unités qu'on peut déplacer sur un damier. Du coup y a un aspect stratégique assez intéressant.

Faut que je vois sur la longueur, là j'aime parce que c'est la nouveauté, je découvre toutes les unités (surtout qu'on voit bien la différence de taille entre un titan et un minion de base par exemple)... d'autant plus que c'est en pixel art donc c'est un régal de voir les unités se mouvoir.

glen

Citation de: glen le Octobre 23, 2014, 10:08:29 AM
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2099606325/basement

Basement, jeu de gestion où l'on incarne une sorte de Walter White qui développe son business. La DA, la bande-son, le principe, je dis oui, j'ai backé :o

J'ai enfin reçu ma clé pour la beta.. et je risque fort d'attendre la release officielle pour y jouer vu l'état actuel des choses : aucune introduction, zéro tutoriel, on est lancé dans le jeu sans aucune indication :nerd: On part même pas de zéro en douceur, on a déjà des planques avec la production qui tourne, les flics qui rodent.. On a connu mieux comme moyen de présenter un jeu :o

Ryle

First Wonder suite spirituelle de Giants Citizen Kabuto sur Kickstarter.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/roguerocket/first-wonder

500 000 $ pour un jeu aussi fou que l'original ? Je signe.

MykeHell

Tiens, Humble Bundle lance un nouveau truc:

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

Vous payez 12$ par mois et recevez un bundle par mois.
Si vous vous lancez maintenant vous obtenez de suite Legend of Grimrock II.

Hobes

Je déplace ton message ici Myke, ça me parait plus adapté pour en parler sachant que l'offre n'est pas forcément un "bon plan".

Je pense que le but de la manœuvre (du côté du joueur) c'est surtout de découvrir de nouveaux titres (puisque ces futurs jeux n'auront jamais été dans un pack). Du coup on est plus dans le plaisir de la découverte.

Cela dit ça ne me convainc pas. 12$ c'est une somme, qui plus est on ne peut pas choisir la répartition de l'argent investi. Donc si c'est pour une petite structure OK mais s'ils incluent de gros jeux, j'aurais préféré pouvoir donner l'argent à une association.

Shin

Citation de: Hobes le Septembre 29, 2015, 03:53:02 PM
Je participe à la beta fermée, je confirme que c'est quand même assez amusant. Du moins la phase de découverte. C'est un mélange d'Hearthstone (pour ne prendre que le jeu de "carte" le plus connu) donc avec des cartes d'unités ayant des point d'attaque/défense, un héros avec des points de mana à dépenser, des artefacts pour booster notre personnage... et d'un tactical.

En fait toutes nos cartes se matérialisent par des unités qu'on peut déplacer sur un damier. Du coup y a un aspect stratégique assez intéressant.

Faut que je vois sur la longueur, là j'aime parce que c'est la nouveauté, je découvre toutes les unités (surtout qu'on voit bien la différence de taille entre un titan et un minion de base par exemple)... d'autant plus que c'est en pixel art donc c'est un régal de voir les unités se mouvoir.

Drapal

MykeHell

Indivisible lance son IndieGogo et met à dispo son prototype jouable (j'en parlais rapidement dans le podcast qui arrivera tout à l'heure): https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-an-rpg-by-lab-zero-and-505-games#/

Coca_Impact

Hobes

Pour les amateurs de jeux cyberpunk (et de Snatcher), Read Only Memories vient de sortir et a plutôt bonne presse. C'est sur PC, Mac et Linux.

Pour ceux qui seraient inquiet, il n'y a pas le filtre de la vidéo dans le jeu.

Hobes

Le bon conseil de Kotaku du jour, ne pas soutenir un projet à moins de 200 000$ :

CitationSome advice: If you see a video game Kickstarter asking for less than, oh, say, $200,000 (aka: a year's salary for four people working at below-average rates), you probably shouldn't back it. And if you see a video game Kickstarter whose creators don't seem to have any experience shipping actual video games, then, well, you probably shouldn't back it.

http://kotaku.com/successful-73-000-kickstarter-runs-out-of-money-1735005793

Ce qui fait qu'on n'aurait jamais eu Undertale (5000$), Shovel Knight (75,000$), Darkest Dungeon (75,000$), FTL (10,000$), Chroma Squad (55,000$), Expeditions: Conquistador (70,000$), The Banner Saga (100,000$), Kentucky Route Zero (6,500$)...

pippoletsu

Peut être que ça ne s'applique que maintenant que Kickstarter est une formule rodée :tapie: